[Coming Soon] Interdiction_AI Co-Op

A small video of some work I've been doing with some AI. I remade the Interdiction map almost a year ago, and it's been sitting on the shelf...until now:)

There will be 4 random objectives (Briefcase), and 2 random entry points breach able by C4. The map is pretty much complete, besides building the final lighting.

Current Bug/limitation: There are no rounds/matches, due to there not being a "Co-Op" gameplay mode. So the map will not restart on it's own when all players are dead. It must be switched through the Admin panel, on the server, to play another round.
Still haven't found out how to make normal paragraphs on this forum....so frustrating!

Comments

• -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,071Beta Tester
    Nice work as always, Hawk! :+1:
  • MaclobsterMaclobster Posts: 120Beta Tester
    thats really awesome nice work
    (\/) (',,') (\/)
    Pipeline
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,147Player
    Looking good.
    -
    Make paragraphs like this.
    Sj5fM8t.jpg?1
    Turn in time , there is no disgrace in turning.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 2,616Player
    YES! awesome Hawk :+1:

I hope the devs can one day add a gamemode/type for UMM circumstances such as this! if only to make it more convenient for players/servers.

Can't get the BIPOD in sig, since it was pick one attachment or the other.

• iSoldier_iSoldier_ Posts: 45Beta Tester
    edited September 2015
    Here's a challenge Hawk: disable the AI's hackeye through smoke and make them vulnerable to flashbangs.
    TheTots wrote: »
    The only thing we didn't do was give you a call at home.
  • [NoL]Watcher[NoL]Watcher Posts: 133Player
    Awesome work.
  • KodenKoden Posts: 215Player
    edited September 2015
    I LOVE YOU!!! <3

Seriously, i loved that map! Can't thank you enough!

Does the AI also make/will make use of paths to patrol, guard, etc? I remember it worked like that, back on AA2. I reckon it's a different engine.
    Derob6.jpg
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,071Beta Tester
    is it possible to end match through kismet ?

I don't see why not.
  • {NWO}Hawk{NWO}Hawk Posts: 137Player
    Thanks guys, I know some don't like the Co-Op AI, but years ago I used to play AA2 Interdiction every chance I got....and I tend to find things in the editor, that probably weren't meant to be visible yet:)
    And with no Co-Op game mode, there are a lot of limitations, for instance only 8 AI at the same time can be alive, otherwise....the game crashes!
    Here's a challenge Hawk: disable the AI's hackeye through smoke and make them vulnerable to flashbangs.

A challenge for the Dev's....not me:)

Koden wrote: »
    I LOVE YOU!!! <3

Seriously, i loved that map! Can't thank you enough!

Does the AI also make/will make use of paths to patrol, guard, etc? I remember it worked like that, back on AA2. I reckon it's a different engine.

Some AI I have setup to use pre-determined paths, and others are stationary guards. I'm still tinkering around trying to get all that to work correctly. But as it is now some will walk around yes.

is it possible to end match through kismet ?

I don't see why not.

Wolvy's right it is possible, but in this situation with no real Co-Op mode, the game only ends when the objective is extracted...or all AI are dead. For some reason Kismet will not recognize when all players are dead.

edited September 2015
    Isnt there a way to set-up a player as one of the conditions/objectives to win the game? I remember SF hosp was set-up that way, back in aa2.
    Derob6.jpg
    Koden wrote: »
    Isnt there a way to set-up a player as one of the conditions/objectives to win the game? I remember SF hosp was set-up that way, back in aa2.

It's possible using Kismet, it still wouldn't work the way it did in AA2. And there is already some HVT/VIP stuff in the editor, so I would assume that's something that will be coming from the Devs:)

Here's one walking through pathnodes, and ignoring me killing his buddy further away:) But the one that killed me in the end, ran up that hill on his own, yes sometimes they chase their targets..lol
  • iSoldier_iSoldier_ Posts: 45Beta Tester
    Glass windows :D
    TheTots wrote: »
    The only thing we didn't do was give you a call at home.
  • POTATO.quantaPOTATO.quanta Posts: 32Player
    What makes you sure these are actually bots?
    dancing_potato.gif
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,091Player
    edited September 2015
    This would be freakin awesome! Bots!! I miss that map. You never had to worry about playing against unscrupulous players.

Make it happen!! B)
    googley avatar aapg

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,383Player
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    This would be freakin awesome! Bots!! I miss that map. You never had to worry about playing against Good players.

Make it happen!! B)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,091Player
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    This would be freakin awesome! Bots!! I miss that map. You never had to worry about playing against Good players.

Make it happen!! B)

You can't edit my post unless for grammer/spelling. 1 warning has been sent to your account. :p
    googley avatar aapg

What makes you sure these are actually bots?

What makes you sure that the thing in your sig is a dancing potato? :p
    Derob6.jpg