Mouse DPI and In-game Mouse setting

Comments

• -=[USA]=-rubberboot-ACI--=[USA]=-rubberboot-ACI- Posts: 90Player, Beta Tester
    I use 1900 Dpi and 34 in game. probably feel like you are going to have a seizure at first.

wow.. that's crazy fast... didn't know there was a windows setting too. will need to look at that as well

Thanks again

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 1,789Player
    Windows should be set 1:1

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 1,919Player
    edited September 2015
    I would love to hear from colts, ekComm, Doba, uniSol, Bam, Goodvibe, or anybody willing to let me try their settings for the mouse DPI and In-game slider..

you just named 90% of the active posters :lol:

I'm currently riding 800DPI and 12 ingame. Used to use 800/15 but I have noticed an improvement in aiming stability on 12, probably a placebo but hey, you stick with what seems to work innit :lol:

I think the windows mouse options are sort of nullified by ingame settings.. Meaning it won't matter how much you change your mouse speed in Mouse properties (in the control panel).. Could be wrong on that.

• IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 960Player
    800 dpi

200 dpi when sniping... JK!
    googley avatar aapg

• GoodvibeGoodvibe Posts: 92Player
    I have a basic Logitech corded laser mouse and use the default in-game settings of AA:GP, which is 20 if I am not mistaken. I wouldn't know what DPI, where do I find that? By the way, doesn't your resolution affect the 'feel' of mouse sensitivity?
    edited September 2015
    Dots per inch (DPI) is a measurement of how sensitive a mouse is.. if your mouse has a program for it, there should be a way to adjust your DPI.. for example my Deathadder Chroma has a Razer Synapse program that gives me a lot of settings for my mouse.

Resolution wont affect mouse sensitivity

edited September 2015
    DPI is basically how fast your mouse pointer reacts to movement when you're passing it over a surface, some Mouses, especially modern gaming ones have a switch/button somewhere that can change DPI on the fly, a higher DPI means less movement from your mouse itself is required to move the pointer it can make moving ingame stupidly fast with minimal mouse movement across the surface, which is why people offset with ingame sensitivity and try to find a happy place.

Choosing a lower DPI is the exact opposite.. lower requires you to move your mouse further across the surface to move the pointer therefore your movement/aim ingame is slower.

Ninja'd by the Dobe :lol:

• SSKwNtdAk1NGSSKwNtdAk1NG Posts: 233Player
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    Dots per inch (DPI) is a measurement of how sensitive a mouse is.. if your mouse has a program for it, there should be a way to adjust your DPI.. for example my Deathadder Chroma has a Razer Synapse program that gives me a lot of settings for my mouse.

Even if you change from 16:9 to 16:10? Maybe I'm wrong, but when I did it I had to change my sens to match the previous speed, but again, that's maybe me.
  • .dc-colts^.dc-colts^ Posts: 1,652Player
    edited September 2015
    I have a request, as I am getting to the upper limits of my frustration level...

Ever since we have had the Opt-in, I have had an extremely difficult time figuring out the M4 gun handling. My pawn "feels" in game like he is having a seizure or has cardboard arms when ADS. It is total spray and pray...

I have erased the INI folders, AAGame folder, Binaries folder, My Documents folder then verified the game cache to allow a fresh pure set to redownload, and eventually the whole freakin' game I redownloaded to see if something was messed up. It was better after a patch, then the latest update made it junk again. I can't even play 2 matches before I am so frustrated with the inability to control the weapon that I need to go play something else, or I'll end up on youtube in a gamer rage video (without a monitor to watch it on..) I am by no means a "comp level" player (not by a loooonng shot), but I can't even hold my own on public servers now...

So, that said, what are some of the DPI settings and in-game settings you guys use? I was using 500 DPI and 34 in-game to good success in the open, but opt-in has made this poor. I currently am at 1400 DPI and 16 in-game and that still doesn't help. Due to this mess, and all the time I get testing team spectate mode, I am constantly adjusting the in game mouse slider trying to get it to work better...

I would love to hear from colts, ekComm, Doba, uniSol, Bam, Goodvibe, or anybody willing to let me try their settings for the mouse DPI and In-game slider..

at my wits end.. I'll gladly report back on who's settings worked best for me.

Thanks,
    rubberboot.

I have a logitech g500s with weights in it.

The weights are 6 1.7gs the more weight the higher the dpi. So my dpi might differ from yours unless you have the same mouse and can copy my weight setup.

My dpi is 1800 I have it set to switch between 5 dpi levels on the fly.
    I put 1800 at #3. 1300 at #2 which I sometimes use for sniping.
    My ingame sensitivity is default.
    I have a logitech G440 Hardmat mouse pad.
    I use a 1000hz report rate.
    I use windows mouse acceleration fix.

http://donewmouseaccel.blogspot.ca/2010/03/markc-windows-7-mouse-acceleration-fix.html

Windows settings for mouse must be at default 6 out of 11 ticks.
    Enhanced pointer precision must be unchecked.

I come from AA1/2 then CoD so my dpi/sens is rather high compared to Counter strike players CS players will have a much lower dpi and sens. I also broke the bone connecting my wrist to my right hand when I was younger and it still bugs me at times, so I have lowered my dpi as much as possible without effecting my hand too much(giving me pain). I used to use a dpi of 2700 and ingame sens 30 with a mouse without weights.
    That being said, no professional FPS players uses high sensitivity.

LOL no pros using high sens your funny. There are many different type of FPS's the faster the pace the game is usually the higher the sens.

Example CoD professionals are gonna have high sens. 100% CS pros are gonna have a very low sens. Expand your gaming knowledge before you go around the forums posting for everybody.

ss_.dc-colts^_4.png

Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

SSKwaNted wrote: »

Even if you change from 16:9 to 16:10? Maybe I'm wrong, but when I did it I had to change my sens to match the previous speed, but again, that's maybe me.

If I all the sudden change my monitor to a 16:10 ratio I dont see why my actual sensitivity would change.. not 100% on that one though.. never tried it

• .dc-colts^.dc-colts^ Posts: 1,652Player
    SSKwaNted wrote: »

If I all the sudden change my monitor to a 16:10 ratio I dont see why my actual sensitivity would change.. not 100% on that one though.. never tried it

Resolution effects mouse sens. Go change in your nvidia settings set your dynamic resolution to 4K. Then change your desktop resolution to 4K in windows settings. Then see how your mouse is. Just going from 24" monitor to 42" TV with same resolution the mouse moves differently for me.
    ss_.dc-colts^_4.png

Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• Bam4DBam4D Posts: 949Player
    edited September 2015
    Kensington K72121 800 DPI - 80 ingame... but have since dropped to 45 for control just like you state. I like small movements and just a little tick to turn around.. but have had to dial back to get gun control.

I play in 16:10 at 5120 x 2880 on a Sony FW900 from 2005.

Most of these set-ups look like we have a over abundance of snipers ;)

Out of curiosity what is the default in-game settings for mouse I've forgotten?

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

yeah it would makes sense I guess.. ive done that 4K nvidia thing once.. dont recall the mouse effect

• {4F}DeadlyGrouse{4F}DeadlyGrouse Posts: 123Player
    Bam4D wrote: »

18 or 20 i think.
  • jeffisamanletjeffisamanlet Posts: 16Player
    That being said, no professional FPS players uses high sensitivity.

LOL no pros using high sens your funny. There are many different type of FPS's the faster the pace the game is usually the higher the sens.

Example CoD professionals are gonna have high sens. 100% CS pros are gonna have a very low sens. Expand your gaming knowledge before you go around the forums posting for everybody.

My bad for making it unclear. I said professional FPS players, as in the players of professional FPS games. I didn't say every player in the competitive scene of every FPS, i did that for a reason. There is only one FPS which is relevant as an E-esport and that is CS:GO. Obviously people will have higher sensitivity playing FPS games where aiming is less prominent and have a completely different playstyle.

Ill rephrase: In FPS games where aiming is the biggest factor, like CS:GO, the overwhelming majority of professional players use low sensitivity.

He asked what resulted in best aiming, not whats best for this game. If aiming is as prominent in this game as in CS:GO, im not so sure. Not sure what would be best for this game, i haven't played this game as much as others. All i can say is that for the most consistency with aiming low sensitivity gives the highest chance.
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 131Player, Beta Tester
    edited September 2015
    DPI: 1000
    In-game: 20-22
    Resolution: 1920:1080
    Windows 7 sensitivity: max

BTW, in CS:GO most pros use low sensitivity, this is the reason for their huge mousepads. As far as I know the vast majority of serious player don't use mouse acceleration as it makes harder to get muscle memory.
    Theory and reality are not that different. Theoretically...
    some of you play at a ridiculously high mouse sens.. There is no need to be able to make 15 full rotations when sliding your mouse from left to right edge on your mouse pad !!

All I know is that if you like a proning or like to make like a bush with a sniper (or want to do really well in stationary shoot houses), use a low DPI/Sensitivity and you will prosper :) but if you like it fast and frantic.. Whack it up!

For a nice balance, you will need to tweak around until you get to a point where you feel comfortable both moving/shooting and tracking targets/acquisition.
    Bam4D wrote: »
    Kensington K72121 800 DPI - 80 ingame... but have since dropped to 45 for control just like you state. I like small movements and just a little tick to turn around.. but have had to dial back to get gun control.
    Most of these set-ups look like we have a over abundance of snipers ;)

I believe it's 20.. might even be 30.. or was that AA3?

• -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 805Player
    Default in-game settings for mouse is 20.
  • Bam4DBam4D Posts: 949Player
    edited September 2015
    Ohh i also us 100lb Cover 275 gsm with letters askjdadgywefbsd..... sometimes i just hold X, printed all over it as a mouse pad.. truly the best gaming mouse pad ever. Wears out print another and has low friction.. how i make my small movements.

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________