Skill based matchmaking

Comments

• M5.El.JefeM5.El.Jefe Posts: 63Player
    but why would people make new accounts to kill low ranked players? If anything this feature would dis encourage smurf accounts.
  • K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,012Player
    Can someone explain to me how matchmaking and normal play can exist next to each other? Are we talking dedicated servers that one can join only via matchmaking option?

If that's what you are hoping for, I don't see it happening.

• .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 211Player
    Just laying out the basic construction of a typical FPS has taken what 2 years or longer now? I doubt this game will be under development long enough to support such a feature.
    Can YOU handle the frag?
    You bunch of fools!
    Add me on Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197991738203/
  • TrIn@dOr^SuRTrIn@dOr^SuR Posts: 170Player
    edited September 2015
    honor is just a loyalty points card... nothing to do with skills...
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 1,988Player
    No one said matchmaking will be based on honor.. most likely a combination of things like KD ratio, total kills.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 1,987Player
    Uhh, please no. That's horrible as well.
    You gotta set the skill somehow.. and obj taken and number of heals sure don't add up to the same skill as a higher KD.. however evwn that can be misleading becasue a pubber with a high KD will lose to a decent comp player with a lower KD

Look at my KDR, then look at how good I actually am. Matchmaking needs an algorithm and it's usually balanced around winning matches and completing objectives rather than just killing people.
    So you expect a guy like Bam who plays to take obj and chokes people to somehow even out in an algorithm with someone that just kills and does bare minimum on obj.? that cant work.

Skill is killing, aiming, shooting in general .. anyone can take an obj and heal people..

• .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 211Player
    I like how the new gen and old gen players mesh so well in AAPG. :D
    Can YOU handle the frag?
    You bunch of fools!
    Add me on Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197991738203/
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    So you expect a guy like Bam who plays to take obj and chokes people to somehow even out in an algorithm with someone that just kills and does bare minimum on obj.? that cant work.

Skill is killing, aiming, shooting in general .. anyone can take an obj and heal people..

Bam won't win any matches, don't worry about that.
  • [Gen]Adzic[Gen]Adzic Posts: 2,220Player
    edited September 2015
    He would say (since he's not here to defend this) "it's not about the winning.. It's the taking part that counts! Army Strong!"

then some rhyme or anecdote that makes me laugh :lol:
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    Look at my KDR, then look at how good I actually am. Matchmaking needs an algorithm and it's usually balanced around winning matches and completing objectives rather than just killing people.

404 czervo page :lol:

haha, I know that.. its why a person like that cant match up with people like us.. youre talking about winning matches within matchmaking not pub?.. which is good once its played enough, what happens at the start? is just just a test period.. hmm actually I guess CS does it that way. First you play for some time then you get ranked.. ya ok

• .dc-colts^.dc-colts^ Posts: 1,853Player
    edited September 2015

If hes constantly choking out highly ranked players sure. KDR means nothing at all and you cannot judge skill based on that one bit. I could go create an account only play with new players and if a good player joins that will potentially hurt my 4kdr I'll leave. You need penalties for leaving ranked games. Ranked games are the only ones that count towards your skill level(lets call it elo) Ways to gain elo= Winning matches, Doing good against players of equal skill. Lets say this system is in game right now and we go put the top 10 ranked guys in a match if one player does 2kdr or higher and wins the match etc. He should receive higher elo than the rest on his team its a very complex system that cannot simply be judged based on honor, kills, and kill death ratio. The way to start the system when no one is ranked is through Wins. After a certain amount of wins you get placed in a division of some sorts. Then after your placed more stuff can be considered.

Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

He would say (since he's not here to defend this) "it's not about the winning.. It's the taking part that counts! Army Strong!"

Because I changed my name without relogging in the forums. Here you go: americasarmy.com/soldier/SSKnecabo_aapgversus.com
  • Bam4DBam4D Posts: 975Player

True, I always jump to the underdog side... but once in a while we do win. ;)

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

Bam4D wrote: »

True, I always jump to the underdog side... but once in a while we do win. ;)

This wont happen if you enter a matchmaking match.. its a set team

Totally gets me...

Play ARMY... Don't be a Carny.!!

********Bam4D********

• iNv|eKCommiNv|eKComm Posts: 385Player
    edited September 2015
    Its beyond my understanding how dim witted some people are. Pardon my impatience but I've been explaining the obvious for far too long.

Matchmaking would not be based on honor. It would be based on your average ability to win the matches you play. Everyone would start with the same arbitrary number, a rating. and as they play it would either go up or go down based on your ability to win. This would make it so that you are on average playing with people who win as much as you do.

Naturally over time this separates players in a way that if they do matchmaking they will be playing mostly with people on the same level as them. The concepts are basic and proven in other games.

I'd argue that personal impact on a match should also have some weight on your rating. However this is a different can of worms that isn't really necessary.
    "You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to what you can argue for."
    AAPGiniTool Official Release v1.0
    You gotta set the skill somehow.. and obj taken and number of heals sure don't add up to the same skill as a higher KD.. however evwn that can be misleading becasue a pubber with a high KD will lose to a decent comp player with a lower KD

Definitely wouldn't lose in a spelling bee. ;)

********Bam4D********