New Opt-In build for September 3

Comments

• We have few people on 3rdID with pings over 300 and I never saw a single problem in their side. The America's Army servers are strong and you can see it by the simple fact that it doesn't really affect the gameplay.
    C.Laferriere.jpg
  • RedBaron64(ITA)RedBaron64(ITA) Posts: 147Player
    Global text chat and ping view should be enabled by default in the server. Now is the opposite :/
  • -VI-ARMO-VI-ARMO Posts: 5Player
    Hey,
    Where can i get a beta access code to try out the new version?

ARMO
  • [Gen]Adzic[Gen]Adzic Posts: 2,303Player
    edited September 2015
    You don't need a code, just choose the test version in the drop down..

3151mbd.jpg

then when you have done that you should notice it will start to download :)

• Pvt.PhushiPvt.Phushi Posts: 368Player
    I know that the game is coming soon and all, and my friends haven't yet downloaded it (waiting for full release i suppose). The thing is, it would be nice even if there was a dilute time frame. Perhaps I can expect the game in the next two months? Or is it really hard(unpredictable) to give such a thing?
    And about the opt-in, I have a question
    If a new opt in comes, should I download just the patch or the whole game again? I have terrible internet by your standards(0.5 - 1 mbps). So it takes a day to download :smiley: That's why I'm asking this question.
    3 cheers for no HUD

• -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 998Player
    edited September 2015
    You have to download 9 gb.
    Sj5fM8t.jpg?1
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 1,758Beta Tester
    @Loremus - Once you've got the Opt In, I believe the patches are smaller. I know the Devs are trying to head in that direction, anyway.

Not only that, but there are instructions here on the forum to backup both the Open and the Opt-In versions in a way you can play both of them.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    @Keebler750 Thankyou :smile:
    3 cheers for no HUD

• .dc-colts^.dc-colts^ Posts: 1,928Player
    edited September 2015
    We have few people on 3rdID with pings over 300 and I never saw a single problem in their side. The America's Army servers are strong and you can see it by the simple fact that it doesn't really affect the gameplay.

lmao. You must have a very old computer and be used to a certain type of lag you have grown to become accustomed too. I am accustomed to a certain smoothness(122fps) and can tell right away when something isn't right I don't need someone's ping to tell me that..

Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• I dont know, if someone realized it before. But the enemy camouflages are not very effective. It would be great when the enemy will have some more usefull camopatterns too. Btw. I cant download the editor, it wont show up at DLC´s. D:
    I am accustomed to a certain smoothness(122fps) and can tell right away when something isn't right I don't need someone's ping to tell me that..
    I too am accustomed to a certain smoothness. 5-15 fps. I never felt the lags. Lucky me :smiley:
    3 cheers for no HUD

Loremus wrote: »
    I too am accustomed to a certain smoothness. 5-15 fps. I never felt the lags. Lucky me :smiley:

Two days ago I wrote this to you. Hope it helps.
    Here is JaK's ini tweak. Left was default at that time, right is tweaked.

https://www.diffchecker.com/qqz5n7ey
    Sj5fM8t.jpg?1
  • Whiplash27Whiplash27 Posts: 1,166Player
    I dont know, if someone realized it before. But the enemy camouflages are not very effective. It would be great when the enemy will have some more usefull camopatterns too. Btw. I cant download the editor, it wont show up at DLC´s. D:

I was always a fan of the old OpFor black camo. However, the Devs want to make it more of a "real army" opponent. The issue is that if the camos are too similar then you won't be able to tell the teams apart.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • Whiplash27 wrote: »
    I dont know, if someone realized it before. But the enemy camouflages are not very effective. It would be great when the enemy will have some more usefull camopatterns too. Btw. I cant download the editor, it wont show up at DLC´s. D:

I was always a fan of the old OpFor black camo. However, the Devs want to make it more of a "real army" opponent. The issue is that if the camos are too similar then you won't be able to tell the teams apart.

I would like it if some of the OPFOR had a more Irregular Forces look to them. Maybe a couple of them wearing a track suit, jeans and a tee shirt, or something you would have found at a surplus store.

it seems most conflicts now are against more of a improvised sort of enemy force rather than direct regular army vs army conflicts.

• Whiplash27Whiplash27 Posts: 1,166Player
    edited September 2015
    Whiplash27 wrote: »

I would like it if some of the OPFOR had a more Irregular Forces look to them. Maybe a couple of them wearing a track suit, jeans and a tee shirt, or something you would have found at a surplus store.

it seems most conflicts now are against more of a improvised sort of enemy force rather than direct regular army vs army conflicts.

Well that goes back to the old AAO style. We used to fight against guys with turbans in some maps (e.g., Radio Tower). Then we also had IF guys... and these guys:
    americas-army-20050518115218099-1126000_640w.jpg

I guess with this game (and AA3) they wanted to be more politically sensitive or whatever. So instead we get a fake army that's kind of Russianish to fight against.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • [Dev]Rawrster[Dev]Rawrster Posts: 236Developer

We actually try to make sure the enemy camouflage isn't super effective. We would rather players be able to easily identify the enemy than have enemies in effective camouflage patterns that are hard to pick out in the environment.
    Email Map Feedback to: mapfeedback@americasarmy.com
  • [BR]-djtal[BR]-djtal Posts: 17Player
    edited September 2015
    camouflage is not a problem for me but the sound is,too bad this is the final sketches :'(
    i like what you guys did with the maps and the rest of it but the sound needs to be upgrade.
  • Whip - I was picturing the sniper guy (also I think the guy that was used for "Nikko" in GTA4) from the movie Behind Enemy Lines.

but same idea though.
  • PhilBaxPhilBax Posts: 31Developer
    Btw. I cant download the editor, it wont show up at DLC´s. D:

Give it a go now!

Btw. I cant download the editor, it wont show up at DLC´s. D:

Give it a go now!

Nothing happen when I try to download Editor.
    Sj5fM8t.jpg?1