Ghosting is ruining this game

[Z-74][Z-74] Posts: 17Player
I don't understand why the Army doesn't silence ghosters once and for all.
When they die, their VOIP should go to the "spectators" and surely you can't keep playing normally when they tell you where they got shot from, where each enemy is and what he's doing.
On top of that, when a teammate is down, they keep asking you to revive them, which often leads to your death.
This is intolerable and, to be honest, very disappointing.

I wish I could just solve the ghosting issue by silencing ghosters one by one, which I do.
Unfortunately that only plays against me because I can silence my teammates ghosting but I can't silence the enemy ghosting on me.

I don't know if this has anything to do with the hard-core settings. Unfortunately, I can't see any Hard-Core server within my ping range. Not within 300ms delay which makes them unfit to play for me. If this is the case, then please, dear Army, start more Hard-Core servers around the world for people who want to play FAIR.

If this message is related to ordinary servers only, disregard my complaint but to those who read and play in these servers like I do: your ghosting on ordinary servers is a despicable way of [TOS Violation] and it totally ruins teamplay.
VOIP should be used to coordinate and help each other, not to gain unfair advantage over your opponents or uselessly distract teammates who're trying to use footsteps to locate an enemy.
Goodvibe=IK=Doba=-colts.iog--Ner0-

Comments

• Dont forget Teamspeak
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 247Player, Moderator, Beta Tester
    the biggest difference is that "ghosting" isnt clan exclusive anymore as everyone is on voip.
    I dont know what servers you play on, but the ones i play on theres no dead to alive talk, incapped is not dead btw.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 1,018Player
    edited August 27
    Dont forget Teamspeak

Yep, no matter what the game sets in their own VOIP can be counteracted by a third party VOIP in any case. Ghosting cannot be stopped if it's something people are adamant to do.

Play against people with no Mics.. that cuts the chances of ghosting by 90%, I never ghost since it would take me too long to keep typing peoples locations in chat, plus as Bam would say..

I'm Army Strong! ghosting is no better than [TOS Violation] :mrgreen:
    Bam4D

• -SD-DELTON-SD-DELTON Posts: 135Player
    edited August 27
    Is ghosting your gripe [Z-74] or is it players asking you to revive them because once there timer has run
    out their dead and cannot chat to the players still alive..
    Just to add we have teamspeak but one of our clan rules is no ghosting when your dead.
    -SD-SoulDefenders Fun House
    Address:81.19.208.61 Port:7778

-SD-BDX MAPS & UsermadeMaps
    Address: 81.19.208.62 Port:7778

http://www.souldefenders.net

My Maps 
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198010761141/myworkshopfiles/

• Whiplash27Whiplash27 Posts: 237Player
    There are so many tells when you kill someone, if someone is paying attention, they'll know exactly where you were when you killed someone.

Look at the radar and see a round dot rather than a carrot.
    Look around and see the timer for your downed teammate
    Look for their report in at the top (if they do it)
    Listen to hear them tell you where they died.

To fix this, I would propose the following:
    On radar, you only see the dot if the downed player is in view (within 360 degrees).
    The timer for a downed teammate only appears if the player is in view
    Players cannot report in when they're incapacitated.
    Players cannot chat when they are incapacitated.

Unfortunately, the last two would never be considered, as it's been discussed at length for years now.
    -colts.iog-
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • SSKtidididiSSKtidididi Posts: 159Player
    Ghosting is a problem present in every game, but it is impossible to get rid of it.
    IO_i_OI
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 895Player
    edited August 27
    90% of ghosting is because of poor served setup.. ie. Dead body spectating!

It would be nice if an incapacitated body couldnt talk at all...usually they're just a distraction.
    SSKnecaboDOMINATION.
  • [Prt_Dictator][Prt_Dictator] Posts: 8Player
    In the topic of ghosting, what about servers with own body spectating? The game becomes a complete joke at that point with the amount of people talking non stop giving a live report on the enemies. I can't understand why is that even a setting nor can I understand why people play with in turned on.
    Is that option still available in the opt-in?
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 553Player, Beta Tester
    I think it's interesting how important we think sound is in the game and then everyone talks over all the cues you need to be hearing in order to survive....once they're dead of course. They don't communicate while they're alive!!!

:(
    Bam4D[Dev]Tear

It's okay to START small, just don't THINK small....!
  • [Z-74][Z-74] Posts: 17Player
    Dont forget Teamspeak

I'm not forgetting Teamspeak but that is related to a common platform in use by clans. On their server, they'll be all together but on others' servers their TS only works with them and not with others.

As frankof pointed out, it used to be a clan exclusive but now thanks to VOIP everybody can ghost. The issue is with camera... even if you "switch channel" for the dead, if they can see what the live players can see, there's no solution but it can at least be mitigated by cutting out of VOIP the dead players so the dead can't speak with the living.

As far as I'm concerned about ghosting, and amused (yet disappointed) at seeing that between the versions in the years, nothing was done to correct the ability to crouch/duck without taking penalties in close quarters, nothing is more concerning than what I saw yesterday, with a guy doing the impossible and ending up being kicked with 28 kills and 0 deaths.

I thought I'd seen everything until last night but that's something PB will take care for. Ghosting instead is up to the Army and I think the Army should promote fair play and take measures against those who are willing to [TOS Violation] in a way or another to win at any cost.

Whiplash27 also has listed some very good points and suggestions but it all starts from the Army and what they decide to do not just about the ghosting (or the funny crouch/duck exploit) but about the philosophy that lies behind it. The easiest and fastest thing to do right now is to make the dead talk to the dead only.

Seriously, there's no game I don't end up silencing my own team. It's that common: 100% of times.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 553Player, Beta Tester
    edited August 27
    I'd like to have a keybind where I can silence the chatter, at least while I need to listen to some possible Opfor movement...

Incap, Team, Global should all be options as well as individual players....and I mean Client-side....
    [The_Legend]

It's okay to START small, just don't THINK small....!
  • Bam4DBam4D Posts: 465Player
    Ahh teamwork is your hurt buddy saying "think it came from Northeast ". We should stay down when shot in our body with first person view and only 180 of head rotation depending on how we land, keep it real..

***********Bam4D**********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

• IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 384Player
    edited August 27
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    90% of ghosting is because of poor served setup.. ie. Dead body spectating!

It would be nice if an incapacitated body couldnt talk at all...usually they're just a distraction.

At least we need to moan or scream! :p

In real situations, the wounded is yelling or moaning in agony while his buddies are the one's screaming for the Medic.
    Bam4D
    To know your Enemy, you must become your Enemy. ― Sun Tzu
    please stop starting an argument with "in real situations" .. it dont apply.. this isnt a simulator, we need to figure out whats best for the game not how real life plays out.
    -colts.iog-Keebler750SSKnecaboBam4DHaroldGodwinson
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 1,018Player
    edited August 27
    Have PB scan for TS3 and kick for it, (PB is forever scanning running processes on your PC) then disable all ingame VOIP :lol:

Boom, no ghosting :mrgreen:
    )OFB(-El.Jefe-

please stop starting an argument with "in real situations" .. it dont apply.. this isnt a simulator, we need to figure out whats best for the game not how real life plays out.

If this is not a sim then it's a recruiting tool. If neither then what is it because my tax dollars are paying for it and I have a right to know what this is.

I think it's closer to a sim then anything else.
    Bam4D
    It's a game! I hope you're happy.. tax dollars please.. you're paying the same regardless if this game is alive or not
    -Ner0-
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 247Player, Moderator, Beta Tester
    Have PB scan for TS3 and kick for it, (PB is forever scanning running processes on your PC) then disable all ingame VOIP :lol:

Boom, no ghosting :mrgreen:
    boom no players, TS3 is included with the game and the default voip. ;)

[ENG]Uni-Sol
    It's a game! I hope you're happy.. tax dollars please.. you're paying the same regardless if this game is alive or not

ok... it's a sim game. :p
    Bam4D
  • -colts.iog--colts.iog- Posts: 861Player
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    There are so many tells when you kill someone, if someone is paying attention, they'll know exactly where you were when you killed someone.

Look at the radar and see a round dot rather than a carrot.
    Look around and see the timer for your downed teammate
    Look for their report in at the top (if they do it)
    Listen to hear them tell you where they died.

To fix this, I would propose the following:
    On radar, you only see the dot if the downed player is in view (within 360 degrees).
    The timer for a downed teammate only appears if the player is in view
    Players cannot report in when they're incapacitated.
    Players cannot chat when they are incapacitated.

Unfortunately, the last two would never be considered, as it's been discussed at length for years now.

Ultra liked!

This discussion has been closed.