Decline/Accept Revive

1235»

Comments

• PlainYogurtPlainYogurt Posts: 551Player, Administrator, Army Veteran, Developer
    To be fair, Army Values are quite important. Like it or not, many game design decisions over the years have been made from that.

We will continue to put them as part of the design process.
    Bam4D
  • -eKComm.iog--eKComm.iog- Posts: 248Player
    edited August 19
    The only rational thing to do is to deduct points for poor revives. It will teach people to revive the right way. It makes perfect sense and is proven to make a difference. Punishment is the most effective teaching method as proven by psychology. I have already discussed this in previous posts.
    TheTots wrote: »
    To be fair, Army Values are quite important. Like it or not, many game design decisions over the years have been made from that.

We will continue to put them as part of the design process.

To be fair, unless your going to make it so that you can drag bodies to safety then realistic application of "Army Values" don't apply here. You wouldn't walk into a hallway with enemies and expect them to wait while you revive a buddy and let him run to safety.

All in all. There is two solutions. Either give the revived player a choice whether to accept or not (which teaches no one in the situation anything) or penalize the terrible idiot that revives a teammate into death (Actually teaches the penalized player to do better next time)
    SSKnecaboBam4D
  • Bam4DBam4D Posts: 456Player
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    Army values and realism arguments. Literally the most useless comments in this forum, yet brought up in almost every discussion. I have a dream that some day people will realise it's pointless. I have a dream..

Duh.... ARMY game.

***********Bam4D**********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

Guess what you're already down.... why get upset about getting down again?.. Relish in the awesome rescue attempt under fire, be proud you just seen someone with so much integrity & guts to go for the rescue with bullets flying around... it's impressive and honorable.

My favorite moments to watch are people pinned down trying to rescue a team member that is where the real OBJ & Action is at.

• Whiplash27Whiplash27 Posts: 232Player
    Bam4D wrote: »
    Guess what you're already down.... why get upset about getting down again?.. Relish in the awesome rescue attempt under fire, be proud you just seen someone with so much integrity & guts to go for the rescue with bullets flying around... it's impressive and honorable.

My favorite moments to watch are people pinned down trying to rescue a team member that is where the real OBJ & Action is at.

Well there's two things.

1. Dying again makes it so that you can no longer be revived. I guess if you're near the end of your timer it's not such a bad thing. However, at any other time, you've now lost the opportunity to be revived because your teammate failed to clear the area before trying to revive you.
    2. People do care about KDR (you may not). So dying makes you gain another death, which can be frustrating to people.

I think you can really do two things for these two issues.

1. Points deducted is based on the amount of time left on the person's countdown to death. If you revive a guy with 40 seconds left on his clock and he dies, then you should get penalized more because you had plenty of time to secure the area and instead blindly went into trying to revive the guy.
    2. Player doesn't incur the 2nd death on his score unless they've been alive for more than 3 seconds or fire shots (player who does the killing still gets credit).
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • Dem@n.ekDem@n.ek Posts: 485Player
    edited August 20

sounds like a cheap action movie with "g" category actors who never reload but single handedly eliminate a whole batallion of enemys from an imaginary non existant part of the world.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0199849/

Koden
    TOTS removed my previous comment... but i think it's needed now more than ever... now it's just an inside joke between me & him..

It's called RESCUE attempt ( key word attempt )... sometimes they don't work out. How did you guys survive the in-cap of AA3? bet your brains blew a gasket.

Hey, can everyone see my scarlet letter or is that just for me?

edited August 20
    TOTS removed my previous comment... but i think it's needed now more than ever... now it's just an inside joke between me & him..

It's called RESCUE attempt ( key word attempt )... sometimes they don't work out. How did you guys survive the in-cap of AA3? bet your brains blew a gasket.

Hey, can everyone see my scarlet letter or is that just for me?

No soldier should run into an area where they can get themselves killed in order to treat a soldier. Also, they would risk the life of their fallen comrade by doing so as well. The area should be secured before treatment is administered.

Failing to do this you will end up with a) 1 dead rather than wounded soldier or b) 2 dead soldiers
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 997Player

Seemed fitting :)
    Bam4D

Loading Awesome Sig..
    edited August 20
    All these guys worried about their Boo Boo getting fixed ... we need to move on to something that matters, like are those bicycle helmets standard issue?

I need to solve this rescue issue for them ... don't want to get revived, tap out.. -- SOLVED.

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 809Player

Hey I'm sorry but that ain't realistic. ARMY game you know? Hurr durr.

import random
    def bam():
    quotes = ["Yet still need the training HUD?","Need a quick PRO setting under HUD ","Now to make Min HUD the default","All that skill and still can't design a PRO HUD in settings?","Min HUD for all....!!!!","One thing I've noticed is dem@n at 63 honor still uses the training HUD"]
    print(random.choice(quotes))
    bam()
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 881Player
    Bams logic is why I'd rather play on servers with zero revives.
  • KodenKoden Posts: 53Player
    edited August 20

Geez. Have you been drinking propaganda or watching army videos over and over again...

=IK=Doba= wrote: »
    Bams logic is why I'd rather play on servers with zero revives.

Logic?
    Derob6.jpg
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 809Player
    He's in la la land.. Err I mean love with America and the army.

import random
    def bam():
    quotes = ["Yet still need the training HUD?","Need a quick PRO setting under HUD ","Now to make Min HUD the default","All that skill and still can't design a PRO HUD in settings?","Min HUD for all....!!!!","One thing I've noticed is dem@n at 63 honor still uses the training HUD"]
    print(random.choice(quotes))
    bam()
    Seriously needs ROE penalty for revive into death.