When is the game releasing? or When we will have an update?

Comments

• KodenKoden Posts: 53Player
    edited July 13
    My bet is early September, unless they want to release the game in August when most of the people around the world are on vacation. THAT would be funny. On the other hand tho, any update would be nice at this point...
    Derob6.jpg
  • SOPMODSOPMOD Posts: 161Player
    Can we get a newsletter or something for when something happens?

Interest is dwindeling fast and soon i won't be looking on the forum anymore but i'd still like to know if something new happens.
    ={GIS}=FILIPPO-DK-
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 1,018Player
    edited July 13
    Just think, it might be seemingly slow as heck for us waiting.. 'Coming soon' have always been brutal words, since the AA3 days :lol:

But I reckon for the devs.. the weeks and months fly by.

• SFC-M.Breen[3rdID]SFC-M.Breen[3rdID] Posts: 337Player
    I choked to death on that matrix post LOL
    IO_i_OI
    hl8NkXs.jpg
  • coN[vortex]coN[vortex] Posts: 161Player
    Here's a link to the types of times we could expect... Just kidding, valve is much faster when it comes to releases. I mean, just look at HL3!
    https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time
    TheTots wrote:
    I think this thread has run it's course......
  • ={GIS}=FILIPPO-DK-={GIS}=FILIPPO-DK- Posts: 50Player
    When I used to work in the holiday industry, we had a golden rule as to always give an ETA. And we always gave an ETA that was about 20% farther in time. So people would not get upset, but actually become pleasently surpirsed when for instance the bus was departing earlier than the before mentionned ETA. At least this way we avoided guests going postal on our butts.

PS: ETA = Estimated Time of Arrival :smiley:
  • Whiplash27Whiplash27 Posts: 237Player
    I think airliners give an ETA that takes into account the average delays that they tend to encounter. That way, when you get there earlier than the expected time, you are pleasantly surprised.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • ={GIS}=FILIPPO-DK-={GIS}=FILIPPO-DK- Posts: 50Player
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    I think airliners give an ETA that takes into account the average delays that they tend to encounter. That way, when you get there earlier than the expected time, you are pleasantly surprised.
    yup
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 383Player
    It will be here in time, don't worry.
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • SFC-M.Breen[3rdID]SFC-M.Breen[3rdID] Posts: 337Player
    When I used to work in the holiday industry, we had a golden rule as to always give an ETA. And we always gave an ETA that was about 20% farther in time. So people would not get upset, but actually become pleasently surpirsed when for instance the bus was departing earlier than the before mentionned ETA. At least this way we avoided guests going postal on our butts.

PS: ETA = Estimated Time of Arrival :smiley:

Nothing cool about a bus leaving early. I take public transit and I always miss it.

Fun when your already ON the bus that leaves early. But that's irrelevant.
    hl8NkXs.jpg
  • .sauce.sauce Posts: 208Player
    If this game were a flight and they rushed it to meet an eta we would end up being characters on Lost.
    `xinoN
    Hello sir, excellent accuracy.

LETS GO PENS
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 184Player
    Ah the analogies... Like Paquiao/Mayweather, this one will be a disappointment.
    IO_i_OI: With every new version the game gets better... AAPG is the best MMO FPS game out there.

Can YOU handle the frag?

You bunch of fools!

Add me on Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197991738203/
  • TrIn@dOr^SuRTrIn@dOr^SuR Posts: 61Player
    very soon means at least 19 days... tomorrow maybe 20...
  • mulgarusmulgarus Posts: 58Player
    plus or minus a few months
    Add ME to Steam.
  • coN[vortex]coN[vortex] Posts: 161Player
    plus or minus a few years

TheTots wrote:
    I think this thread has run it's course......
  • Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 53Player
    How long has this game been in development exactly?
    Soldier Name: Root-Access
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 1,018Player
    edited July 15
    Depends how long they were alpha testing for.. We've had nearly 2 years of open beta.

I once predicted they were working on AAPG from as soon as the AA game studio moved to a new location.. right after AA3 was released to the public, and would likely explain why AA3 never got finished (Grrrrr!) since most of the new devs didn't make that game.

So, I would estimate (going off my theory) they were (or started to) working on the game as far back as 2009-2010, so yeah.. on that math, 5 years at least. The few updates we got for AA3 were probably because of two reasons, 1.. they were not well versed with AA3 having not developed it, struggling to fix what was wrong.. and 2.. they were busy making another game, the game we know as AAPG :)

In all honestly.. I aint got a clue, so please don't take any of this as gospel :lol:

Anyone can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, NDA permitting of course :mrgreen:

• Super6*1Super6*1 Posts: 41Player
    I wouldn't have minded them finishing off AA3 and really going out with a bang. That would have been more satisfying than playing a decrepit open beta for 2 years.
    .!.dgodfather
  • Whiplash27Whiplash27 Posts: 237Player
    Super6*1 wrote: »
    I wouldn't have minded them finishing off AA3 and really going out with a bang. That would have been more satisfying than playing a decrepit open beta for 2 years.
    Funny thing about AA3 is that it was on the same engine as AAPG. The thing AA3 had going against it was that people already dubbed it a bad game. No matter what they did, it would have been hard to overcome it. That said, 5 years of good work into AA3 would have probably come out with a much better game than AAPG.
    .!.dgodfatherSuper6*1[ENG]Uni-Sol
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 184Player
    edited July 16
    In terms of elements that keep you interested; gameplay, a touch of realism, a solid medic system, weapons that shot, looked, sounded and played well, quality map design, leaning, underhanded lobbing, es2 (collectable weapons to use during the match), a battle planner, minimap spotting, a working VIP mode, squads that spawn about multiple areas, a relatively high level visuals (although mostly bluish)... I could really go on for quite a while.

There was a lot more to the core of that game that people did not get to appreciate because of the bugs. Those who stuck it out, got to see the awesomeness that should have been. Unfortunately, it was a terrible beginning and a long battle up hill after that, that never let it get off the ground. If you really played it and know anything about it, you know it was a game that just missed the big time. It really would have caught on if a: the bugs were resolved much quicker and b. the "coming soon" wasn't pasted all over it from day 1 to finish. It was a lot unlike any other game and meshed elements of modern shooter, "real" army, and the framework of a top of the line title.
    Super6*1[ENG]Uni-Sol
    IO_i_OI: With every new version the game gets better... AAPG is the best MMO FPS game out there.

Can YOU handle the frag?

You bunch of fools!

Add me on Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197991738203/