AA - PG and windows 10

Ka_DargoKa_Dargo Posts: 2Player
With windows 10 being available as an upgrade on most windows pc's I was wondering how the game would play on it. Has it been tested and are there any issues with it? should I upgrade?

Comments

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    it will play .. Ive tested it in Win10 beta

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • Ka_DargoKa_Dargo Posts: 2Player
    thank you Doba
  • TonyZ.itTonyZ.it Posts: 25Player
    edited July 2015
    Hello guys I want to know if any of you have already tested Windows 10 with the latest NVIDIA driver 353.62 and if noticed frame lag like old drivers, i have nvidia GTX 660 and I had problems with frame lag on windows 7 / 8.1 , I solved by installing the driver 347.09.
    Now then before installing the new operating system Windows 10 I want to know if there are these problems, and if it works fine.

Thanks you, TonyZ
  • {M.9}-Arko{M.9}-Arko Posts: 207Player
    I'm wondering about these two updates too...windows 10 and the new nvidia driver.
  • BadAs-RICKBadAs-RICK Posts: 3Player
    I'm having a problem with windows 10 and punkbuster.it wont let me play tried reloading punkbuster still wont handshake
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    I was able to fix that on my W10 machine by uninstalling PB, and then downloading and installing this. http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/

The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

up graded to windows 10 now punkbuster wont let me play .How do I fix
    I've merged the W10 threads together so we can have the answers in one place.

• TonyZ.itTonyZ.it Posts: 25Player
    edited July 2015
    So the game work fine with WINDOWS 10 ??? Only problem with PB unistalling and re-installing it again solved???? and about frame lag ? If i have lag with last NVIDIA Driver not is possible Installing this version 347.09 you guys think not is compatible?
    I can't promise you won't have issues with 10 and AAPG.

There are a lot of hardware configs out there, a lot of different software people run, graphic drivers, etc.

We've had years of testing with AAPG on Vista / 7 / 8. We've only had a little time to test Windows 10.

Like any day 1 change, expect difficulties with everything. You should also check other games you play. I've seen reports of several big online games, and several popular single player games not running properly on 10.

It's just a matter of time. As the bugs with 10 show up, we will deal with them.

TheTots Thank You Thank You Thank You It worked the link really helped it works great now Thank You Thank You Thank You
    GqsbUrk.jpg

• Ya my AA:PG isn't working either crashes right on start up. The first time I tried to launch it I loaded into the game but it never loaded in just kept playing videos, after that it would crash on start up and all I'll see is "press ESC to skip" and the black background. I have the latest Nvidia drivers and tried uninstall/verify cache and nothing really worked.
  • Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    install apart from some hickups went easy,was missing 3 dll files when i wanted to join a server from the browser,a reboot solved it.Freezes are gone so far but the double loading screen is still there.Didn't had much time to test today but looks promising so far.
  • -PillowPantz--PillowPantz- Posts: 18Beta Tester
    saw a few people just needed to verify game cache and it worked fine after that.
  • |-OSG-|Eladd|-OSG-|Eladd Posts: 34Player
    AAPG Launcher for me and another guy I play online with, both our AAPG launchers stop responding. We have attempted verifying cache...reinstalling punkbuster.

In the event log this is what is displayed:

The program AALauncher32.exe version 1.0.0.4 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
    Process ID: 15b0
    Start Time: 01d0cb691d1d124c
    Termination Time: 4294967295
    Application Path: G:\Steam\steamapps\common\America's Army\AAPG\Binaries\AALauncher32.exe
    Report Id: f3ca9290-376c-11e5-9bcb-50e5494cd6ae
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

I have now just gone directly to the AALauncher32.exe and put it into Windows 7 compatibility mode and it is now running.

Haven't attempted to play a game yet but will try shortly.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    Trust Microfail to release Win10 right about the same time we get a new opt-in :(
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 458Player
    I would say a lot of problems can be avoided if you eliminate the user account control settings - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/turn-user-account-control-on-off#1TC=windows-7

The other big issue would be antivirus. At least temporarly disable protection or shut it down completely and retest.

Nvidia had some issues with windows 10 and their drivers. You will have to wait for a resolve on that on their ends.

Other issues may exists, but those are the biggest 3.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • =Hardox==Hardox= Posts: 1Player
    After upgrading to Windows 10 I was kicked of AAPG.
    Reinstall AAPG, Punkbuster, and did not result.
    I looking and running 'pbsvc_pg.exe' again to play.
  • =]ES[=3X!L3=]DE[==]ES[=3X!L3=]DE[= Posts: 26Player
    No problems with 353.62 nvidia drivers and windows 10 so far.