Unreal Engine 5 Revealed

This tech demo looks fantastic, I believe aaHollywood said back in the day that AA5 would be UE4, but who knows maybe there is a suprise!

Comments

• weakness_aaweakness_aa Posts: 147Player
    Best part is that the Unreal Engine is FREE to use until you reach One Million Dollars in revenue sales. Since all of the AA Games have been free to begin with, no reason not to use this engine now.
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 586Beta Tester
    Best part is that the Unreal Engine is FREE to use until you reach One Million Dollars in revenue sales. Since all of the AA Games have been free to begin with, no reason not to use this engine now.

Yes, there is. If they made progress in UE4, it might not be possible to port stuff over to UE5 without a ton of work. Also, UE5 is said to be released in 2021, this is just a reveal trailer. So the devs would have to wait a year for it to come out.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,048Moderator
    Like Levente is on to, the only reason not to use UE5 is that its not released for another 18 months(or so), i would like to see the next game before that...
    (i would also like to see the next game with Vulcan API, but i dont think that would happen either)
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • `xinoN`xinoN Posts: 358Player
    the question everyone needs to know the answer: does it have pipeline?

jokes aside, i'm glad to hear many of the new features. I use UE4 for archviz and there's just no better tool for it (at least for me). V-ray and Corona are also fin but UE4 is just great. It's not that easy tho which makes me wonder what will they make of Twinmotion with the new UE5.
    Oh well.
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 710Player
    `xinoN wrote: »
    the question everyone needs to know the answer: does it have pipeline?

jokes aside, i'm glad to hear many of the new features. I use UE4 for archviz and there's just no better tool for it (at least for me). V-ray and Corona are also fin but UE4 is just great. It's not that easy tho which makes me wonder what will they make of Twinmotion with the new UE5.

This is the only valid question.

Maybe as soon as they launch AA5 on UE4 they can immediately start AA6 so we can get it before 2030. Half joking...if they do not advertise AA5 and integrate much of what these forums have been pleading for for years, there's no reason to believe it will be any more successful than AA4. The only thing that may save that is F2P on consoles. And please please please do not abandon your PC master race.

Wait what was this thread about again?
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,155Beta Tester
    I. Can't. Wait.