map loading to editor

SMUGGLERSMUGGLER Posts: 46Player
Hello people, for a while i cant load my own maps to editor, to work on them, some i can but the most dont. Green bar loads halfway by loading then nothing, crash. A friend of mine can open my maps lol, but not me. Tried several times deleting .upk files, replacing them via Steam, even deleted game, reinstalled. I know the editor is fully bugged but if someone know some other medicine to cure it... Thx.

Comments

• ={101st}=Muzza455={101st}=Muzza455 Posts: 1,087Player
    big hammer ................
    wolverine and myself have been looking into stuff.............
    wolverine has also been working with a dev to try and replicate some things we found .......
    hopefully the dev team can solve the mysteries we are experiencing and put this right.
    big thanks to wolvy for helping to push this issue.
  • SMUGGLERSMUGGLER Posts: 46Player
    Yes, good job guys, maybe they do fix it :) , weird thing for me, why this editor is behaving differently by people, i mean iknow some who still can take basic edi templates and work on it, mine are mostly bugged, but they keep making maps .
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 586Beta Tester
    Maybe a corrupted shader cache is causing issues? I don't remember where they are stored, but try to delete them.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,155Beta Tester
    They are aware of the crash,The problem has been logged/bugged. Hopefully they can find out what is causing it sooner rather than later.
    Maybe a corrupted shader cache is causing issues? I don't remember where they are stored, but try to delete them.

i got a new drive new install everything . my editor runs . i make the map .. it runs .
    but the map wolvy made crashes me .
    i copied the map re run all build internally got rid of the minor errors and wham still crashes with brand new system in pc.
    They are aware of the crash,The problem has been logged/bugged. Hopefully they can find out what is causing it sooner rather than later.

This guy deserves a pay rise ( oh wait we dont get paid for making maps ) anyway big shout to wolvy...............HOOAH........
    Yes thx. for your involvement Wolverine, i wish they do something, but i m not that optimistic.
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,155Beta Tester
    I'm sure if they find the issue, they will fix it. Sometimes it takes time to find things.
    Now i can only load the actual map i m working on, and none of the earlier maps (weeks, months old) reinstalled the game again lol, nothing. hve some glitches to fix, but they have to wait :)