Problem with Ping

AAL.RamboAAL.Rambo Posts: 67Player
edited April 10 in Game Support
Hello! Since some days ago I have a strange problem in some servers I have good ping (50) and in others I have bad ping (150) and both it can be the same country. Or servers of countries that I have more far I have better ping that others more close.
I checked my connection and it's perfect.
Btw, I am from Europe
Some idea?

Comments

• -[U|S|A]-Gorilla-[U|S|A]-Gorilla Posts: 758Administrator
    This sounds like a networking issue. Something to do with your connection to the server or misinformed about where the servers location is.
  • AAL.RamboAAL.Rambo Posts: 67Player
    edited April 10
    Hmm about misinformed of location is impossible because my own server is located in France and now I have 180 ping, normally I have 50. I thought that is a problem of networking. But if it's a problem of networking why some servers I have good ping and other bad ping. Look I have almost the same ping right now in my server and others of Europe that some servers of USA. If it was my connection I will have bad ping in all places.
    This is strange, I will see if I can get any info on why this could be happening. Till then if anyone else has any ideas please feel free. Also have you been running any new software while playing? I know that when I play AA:PG or any other game I have a bad habit of watching a movie with 1 monitor running the game on another and then playing old school nes or saga or going threw forums or other web pages. When I do this it does change my ping slightly, not by much. Ad usually only my gameplay pays the price.
    edited April 11
    No I haven't any software, and if it would be any software, all servers would have high ping. Do you want to listen some more strange? The ping is normal until afternoon, after the ping high in some servers close to me. Others all it's normal
    That is so weird.
  • Duke_AudiDuke_Audi Posts: 339Beta Tester
    edited April 12
    I think this is just volume of traffic. I've had my ping go from 100 up to over 600 and back down while playing the same map. So many people home and using their phones, computers and other gaming devices. I've heard that some providers, (mostly in the EU) have throttled all customers until this virus problem is under control.
    product-image-230368610_300x300.jpg
    Yes, that I thought
  • OICURMT!OICURMT! Posts: 140Beta Tester
    edited April 12
    Europe is going crazy with cyber attacks since the lockdown... France is currently #6 on the attack map, so their infrastructure is being saturated.

https://cybermap.kaspersky.com/

https://www.digitalattackmap.com/
    --

In life, there is no respawn... why should there be in a game?
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,048Moderator
    Threes also a thing called "peering", simplified, its the deal your ISP makes with other ISP to let traffic through each other networks.
    Sometimes you get the direct route, other times you take the long way around.
    ss_4_frankof.png