Adding 4 snipers rather than 2 on all maps in configs

Is this possible?

Comments

• Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 587Beta Tester
    You cannot modify the class limits on stock maps. Your only option is to unlock all classes via an admin command. If you want to do specific modifications to class limits (e.g. have 2 snipers per side instead of 1), you need to make a copy of the official map, modify the values, then publish it as a UMM in the Workshop.

Modifying stock maps and republishing them is quite tricky, I don't know the details of it.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • =LEGION=CanJ=LEGION=CanJ Posts: 23Player
    "unlock all classes via an admin command"
    is it possible to REDUCE the weapons classes ( especially frags) ?
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 587Beta Tester
    "unlock all classes via an admin command"
    is it possible to REDUCE the weapons classes ( especially frags) ?

No, as far as I know. I think there is a config line, which allows you to disable frags (and probably all nades) in the first X seconds of a match. You may be able to increase this to cover the whole round. Unfortunately I don't know the name of this setting.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • OICURMT!OICURMT! Posts: 141Beta Tester
    edited March 2019
    DefaultGame.ini and/or AAGame.ini - Time in seconds. I guess you can set it to 9999 to prevent nades altogether (just a guess though, but logically, it makes sense).

[AAGame.AAGameReplicationInfo]
    ForbidGrenadeTimeFLO=0
    ForbidGrenadeTimeBDX=0

--

In life, there is no respawn... why should there be in a game?
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,152Player
    edited March 2019
    Unfortunately Frags are a tricky one since even if you make a custom version of every map you can't eliminate frags short of using the commands above or force classing everyone to have a certain load out (which you can't even do by role, it's only by starting point meaning completely random on which player gets what role/class). Stinks because it would have been nice to make certain maps not have frags.

Also with load outs, Levente's solution is the best one. I don't think it's too difficult to mess around with the stock maps since the packages with all of the meshes and stuff are built into the game.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • =LEGION=CanJ=LEGION=CanJ Posts: 23Player
    "it would have been nice to make certain maps not have frags"

hmm .. some homework for the dev's maybe ;-)
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    Just like all students, I'm sure they feel they have enough 'homework.'

:awesome:

I do wish the Roles, Loadouts and Fire Team stuff had been more developed though.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.