All Textures in Editor are Black!

So the game is fully up to date, and all the files are verified. The first time I started the editor, it went through and recompiled ALL the textures (took like 30 minutes on my machine) - yes, I mean ALL the textures.

Now none of them show up as visible. If I look at my map using wireframe, it shows fine, but all lighting modes just show a black screen!

Is there a cache somewhere that I can delete to force it to recompile all the shaders?

Comments

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 2,884Player
    edited January 28
    Close/exit from the editor/game, then try removing this file LocalShaderCache-PC-D3D-SM3.upk which is located here..

Documents\My Games\America's Army Proving Grounds\AAGame\Unpublished\cookedPC .

If it not there, I'd try removing your "config" folder so that the editor can generate new configs, here..

Documents\My Games\America's Army Proving Grounds\AAGame\Config
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• Well, I found it - and a great big "D'Oh!" for me! I had changed the renderer a few days ago to DirectX 11 and once I changed it back, everything started working again. I don't know why the 11 doesn't work on this machine - but maybe it's a game thing.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 2,488Beta Tester
    Well, this IS a DX9 game...

Good to know though. Thanks for posting!
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.