Official Servers Hit Detection

Weren't official servers set to server side hit detection? Did it change? At least FRA12 is on cshd now. Was wondering what was going on with all the weird kias i get now.

Comments

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,592Player
    No, it has always been CSHD and devs have always stated that this is the recommended setting.
  • Official Servers have been on Client Side hit detection for as long as I can remember - and I have played this game for a long time. Server Side hit detection is NOT supported by the devs anymore.
  • I could be wrong about this, but I think the official servers were at a 30 tick rate, then it was bumped up to 60 for a while, but it was knocked back down to 30 for some reason. The higher the tick rate the better of course. Again don't quote me on this.
  • Twitchr.Carbon8Twitchr.Carbon8 Posts: 242Player
    I could be wrong about this, but I think the official servers were at a 30 tick rate, then it was bumped up to 60 for a while, but it was knocked back down to 30 for some reason. The higher the tick rate the better of course.

Quoted
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 1,735Developer
    The netcode engine doesn't really support higher than 30. It's not going to send the replicated data any faster than 30, regardless of what you set.

No reason, on our game at least, to set your server above 30.

A better explanation is the game data on the server doesn't break out of needing to send at more than 30fps anyhow. Smoothing code generates the in-between to that 30fps on high fps clients. It comes along with the game is just built for CSHD and not SSHD.

(Thanks to Dev Kartigan for the info)