resolution

ok got a problem . i am on my old laptop . max res is 1366 x 768
right my game res is 1366 x 768
why when i am in editor i cant see all the settings in left hand panel . no objective editor .
can it be opened a different way . ie a shortcut key .
before u say , my browser is at standard 100 percent not zoomed at all so dont know whats going on .

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 2,488Beta Tester
    edited January 27
    Did you copy the game from one system to another? Multi-monitor on one system placing menus in video memory off your laptop's visible area? Hey, just guessing....

Delete the editor ini's and it'll reset where it draws everything.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • -SD-Muzza455-SD-Muzza455 Posts: 446Player
    Cheers m8 . This is fresh install on blank win 7 old laptop single display . After my gaming one blew .
    Will have to try editor ini delete
    Hmm. Ya, usually the inis store the window position to remember where to redraw it. That's weird.

Maybe I should open mine and see if it's borked!
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    I checked this out on my install. The windows appear where I left them, but maybe it's the new install? I have no idea at this point. Please post if it gets straightened out! :o
    ______

Cheers keebs I will look this weekend and let u know if I sort it.
  • (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 425Player
    there was a similar thread before , will try to find it
    Thanks guys.
    edited January 28
    deleted the files that handle the window position then verified game . started editor and its the same .
    so deleted the editor and re downloaded it . still the same .
    i guess the editor will not work on this resolution . so i am screwed
    cant get to the objective editor button cos its off the bottom of the screen.
    edited February 7
    Ok getting pissed at this now , try put pic in , this is all I see look at left pane lower no button for obj editor
    map.png 40.5K
  • (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 425Player
    have you got the full udk editor? , not the games version , see if you have same problem
    edited February 7
    Not on this laptop m8 had it on my other one .
    Have noticed last couple of night when I open my game the writing jumps over to left and smaller then becomes big and central in launcher so wondering if my game res settings are bugged.
  • {NWO}Hawk{NWO}Hawk Posts: 144Player
    Had the same problem a few months back when I had the brilliant idea of trying an HDTV with the editor..same resolution too. Never could get it to work! It's like there's a low resolution limit for the editor.
    Hey wondering that , can any devs answer this please ???????
    Well now my editor keeps locking up /freezing soon as I open view browser window with any map even a blank one . Biting the bullet and building a desktop pc . Will post specs sometime . Have already order few parts .