Scrim Finder

.dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,967Player
edited May 2016 in eSports
https://discord.gg/0zlpFORTJZceXQ83 - NA Channel
https://discord.gg/0zlpFORTJZcgN6q4 - EU Channel

EDIT: Not sure how it works if you join 1 channel does it connect you to the Server and you see both channels? or do you only see both channels if you accept invite to both?

Basically anyone looking for a scrim joins and messages anyone else who is connected. If this picks up it could be a much easier way to find scrims instead of going through steam messaging people!! You just go on here and everyone on it is looking for a scrim.

Of course it would be a slow start at first to get this going but with the community support behind it we can make it a thing because I think it will be much easier to get scrims this way.
Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

Comments

• -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 531Player
    EU/US problems? I doubt everyone would accept playing with such pings, how u fixing that or is it just NA?

Elite Challenges completed:
    M24
    M249
    M4
    M16
    M14
    M9
    M870 - W00T!!!

1 to go xD
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,615Player
    edited May 2016
    so its a program that we need to run at startup while we play and we can easily msg eachother.. cool IK will be on.. just have to get everyone in each clan to get on board and this will work

... Make sure to DL the desktop app for PC, this way its always on while you game without having a browser open..

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,967Player
    edited May 2016
    Arkeiro wrote: »
    EU/US problems? I doubt everyone would accept playing with such pings, how u fixing that or is it just NA?

I have created a euro channel. Same link with access to both channels EU and NA. This way if a EU team wants to scrim an NA team they can much easier and a NA team could join the EU channel and ask for scrim.

If you download the actual program and not just do it in your webbrowser and create and actual account you can leave it open in the background on your PC. (I'm not sure if you need an actual account to do this. It's probably possible without one)

The main reason this will be better than steam....Everyone who is online is a team that you could possible scrim. On steam you have to sort though every player or tag them all to one group and start messaging. IMO if we can kick this thing off it will be much more convient and easier.

BTW Arkeiro I have made you an admin for Euro Channel if you havn't created an account let me know if you do because it might change your permissions.
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    so its a program that we need to run at startup while we play and we can easily msg eachother.. cool IK will be on.. just have to get everyone in each clan to get on board and this will work

... Make sure to DL the desktop app for PC, this way its always on while you game without having a browser open..

Yes did it require you to make an account?

• .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,967Player
    Also good command to keep in mind is: @everyone enter message. This will send everyone a notification!

Example: @everyone Don'tCare looking for scrim

• -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 531Player
    .dc-colts^ wrote: »
    Arkeiro wrote: »

I have created a euro channel. Same link with access to both channels EU and NA. This way if a EU team wants to scrim an NA team they can much easier and a NA team could join the EU channel and ask for scrim.

If you download the actual program and not just do it in your webbrowser and create and actual account you can leave it open in the background on your PC. (I'm not sure if you need an actual account to do this. It's probably possible without one)

The main reason this will be better than steam....Everyone who is online is a team that you could possible scrim. On steam you have to sort though every player or tag them all to one group and start messaging. IMO if we can kick this thing off it will be much more convient and easier.

BTW Arkeiro I have made you an admin for Euro Channel if you havn't created an account let me know if you do because it might change your permissions.
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »

Yes did it require you to make an account?

I did create an account today, nick is Arkeiro. I may joi nfrom time to time the channel but I have no team nor thinking joinning one atm. so better find another admins for the EU side, anyways thx and good luck. :)

Elite Challenges completed:
    M24
    M249
    M4
    M16
    M14
    M9
    M870 - W00T!!!

1 to go xD
  • RG.AndoRG.Ando Posts: 29Player
    Hey guys,

I am thinking of creating a Scrim Finder web app. Where you basically can sign up your team and add your team to a challenge queue that will be seen by other teams that are registered. From that point on, teams will be able to accept your challenge and so forth making the scrimmage process easy and effortless. Plus it will help new teams get into the competitive scene.

What are you thoughts?

Thanks,
    RG.Ando