changing mapname and obj

=Daniel==Daniel= Posts: 57Player
edited February 2016 in Mission Editor - Support
Hi, I have a Flo, destroy map called Museum and I want to make a bdx, c4 version of it called Museum_c4
I have always built new maps so I have never messed with this stuff so I have no clue what to do . If there already exist a tutorial to change the name of a map you already have and to change the objective please Point me to it.

(I saved a copy of the original flo version i wanted to keep on my desktop for now.
What I know is If I go edit.world info properties-worldinfo-mission info, I can change the
mission name from "Museum" to "Museum_c4"
Mission type from "de" to "c4"
Template name from "flo_small_de" to "bdx_small_c4"
Full package name from "flo_Museum_de.umap" to"bdx_Museum_c4.umap"
Short package name from "Museum" to "Museum_c4"
Map type from "flo" to "bdx"
objective template I leave at default "no objective"
briefing audio changed from "Brief_ad_destroy" to "Brief_ad_carrybomb"
briefing text changed from "Brief_ad_destroy" to "Brief_ad_carrybomb"
Is there anywere else I need to change the name?
and finally how do I get the working c4 obj and bomb to appear in the map?

Thank you for the help / Palepatine]

Comments

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited February 2016
    Your doing it right by the looks of it, just keep the short package name as Museum (no need for the C4) also don't forget to change your maps actual filename to match up too after you've changed them all in world info :)

Of course, always keep a backup of your original so if anything goes tits up, you can always revert back.

To add the bomb and bomb site you can find them in the content browser actor classes tab

35m2lpg.jpg

After you add them both, don't forget to assign them team properties using F4 when highlighted, then you will need to set them up in the objective editor (mission flow) :)

Wolvie made a good tut on C4 gametype that might help here
    Updated, New Tutorial....
    [Tutorial] Setting up Alternate Bomb Site For C4 Game-type

If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,156Beta Tester
    Nah you're all good. Just make sure you set up the objective through the objective editor and have the map in its own folder separate from the flo version, just so you don't have any issues publishing to steam.
  • =Daniel==Daniel= Posts: 57Player
    Thank you Uni-Sol I´m trying this now
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    To make sure you don't break any references, publish info, etc, I believe you need the map to stay in Mission Editor > Saves. I found out the hard way you can get in trouble with metadata files and folder locations.

So...start a new folder there, then copy your basic map there, navigate to it in the editor...and start changing. Now, when you hit save, you're saving there in that new folder AND when you publish, that's where the new publish meta will go and not mess up your old map!

(plus match all your world info and file names.)
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    I just did the above to quickly create some new maps in a test I was doing. They published properly with the new names etc, so I'd say my instructions above are still valid. (it's always good to check because things change so often..... :o )
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,152Player
    You definitely need a new folder. If there's a metadata file in the folder that's even remotely similar it decides to be a pain.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • [FOX]Kamjam21xx[FOX]Kamjam21xx Posts: 122Player
    edited November 2017
    I could use help, should i be able to win in the editor? and what should the "Default Game Type" be set to?
    You can no longer test objective completion in PIE (Play In Editor). Default game type? "AAGameVeteran" unless you're doing VIP.
    ______

edited November 2017
    EDIT - now you've got me wondering....better go look....
    ______