Opted in game not launching

PredictionPrediction Posts: 134Player
edited April 2015 in Game Support
Downloaded the opted in once it finished I launch the game I get to the initial splash screen where I am able to click "Launch". Once I click launch a windowed mode screen comes up that has "AA Game (32bit DX9)" at the top and then I see a punkbuster message at the bottom that says it loaded fine but then I am just stuck on a black screen.

I tried the following so far.
- Verify game integrity
- opted back out re-download the old game (which worked great) then opted back in and download the new game which still didn't help

PC Specs
OS - Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
RAM - 16GB
CPU - i7-4790K

Any other suggestions?

Comments

• m_hermannm_hermann Posts: 648Moderator
    Sounds like the new version doesn't have firewall accesss
  • PredictionPrediction Posts: 134Player
    I turned off both Windows firewall and my routers firewall and still does not load. Any other suggestions or is this the future of AAPG :smile:
  • Kitty{MEOW}Kitty{MEOW} Posts: 5Player
    I have same issue but i can load into game of i click join player on steam.
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,156Beta Tester
    edited April 2015
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,573Player
    I had to download and install PunkBuster manually before I was able to play Opt-In.
    http://www.evenbalance.com/?page=pbsetup.php
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
    I gave up just reverted back I hope what ever it is that it will be fixed by the time the full release comes.

I am sure it is something with the update but I made sure my firewalls allowed the game then I just turned my firewalls off just in case. PB says it installed correctly I even get the pb initialized successfully when it is trying to load and then right after that just sits on a black screen the entire time. Maybe it has something to do with the driver on my graphics card but don't have issues with any other games so I don't plan on messing with that just to get this mess working.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited April 2015
    Did you try the removal of the AA config files in your documents folder? They don't download, refresh or generate fresh ini files when you install the opt-in and as such are still set to the old beta, and whilst this hasn't been an issue for some people who have opted in (I have no idea why either), doing this has remedied some peoples issues when trying to play the opt-in. Something to try :)

Try removing the entire 'Config' folder from here..

\Documents\My Games\America's Army Proving Grounds\AAGame\Config

Then relaunch the game.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

Did you try the removal of the AA config files in your documents folder? They don't download, refresh or generate fresh ini files when you install the opt-in and as such are still set to the old beta, and whilst this hasn't been an issue for some people who have opted in (I have no idea why either), doing this has remedied some peoples issues when trying to play the opt-in. Something to try :)

Try removing the entire 'Config' folder from here..

\Documents\My Games\America's Army Proving Grounds\AAGame\Config

Then relaunch the game.

Yes that worked wow what a basic thing to accomplish surprise that wasn't caught by the devs before they allowed this opted in.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited April 2015
    Glad it worked.. Enjoy :)

I would advise everyone to do this after installing the opt-in, not only to eliminate the chance of the game not working but to let the new build generate its own fresh config files so then there's no chance of conflicting settings.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.