Game keeps crashing

=IK=.Scooby=IK=.Scooby Posts: 119Player
edited April 2015 in Game Support
After playing one match(Loco's Opt In 3 Server), I can now no longer join any server on the new opt in without it crashing while on the map loading screen. Any ideas why?<br><br>
Tried verifying the files too, that didn't help any.

Comments

• [CLS]_SgtMac[CLS]_SgtMac Posts: 199Moderator
    I had to delete the configuration files in \Documents\My Games\America's Army Proving Grounds\AAGame\Config before it would work for me.
  • =IK=.Scooby=IK=.Scooby Posts: 119Player
    Still crashes after doing that.
  • .sauce.sauce Posts: 308Player
    When I try to run the game it flashes a command prompt, then nothing.
    Hello sir, excellent accuracy.

LETS GO PENS
    ^ That happened to me as well, but eventually windows firewall popped up and asked me if I wanted to give permission to AA to access the internet and just have to allow it through. Check your firewall settings.

Can't seem to get the game to work, though.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    I needed to validate after downloading (result of renaming folders probably) and then it was fine.
  • Actually my problem is this: I launch the game on Steam, the launcher opens. I hit Launch on the launcher, then the pre-open splash shows up, then the game crashes. Any ideas?
    I had to reinstall to ultimately fix it.
  • Hey, at least you were able to play.
    When you reinstalled, I suppose you ended up with the normal version and not the Opt-In beta, right?
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,156Beta Tester
    Just delete your config folder in documents, and let the engine create new one.
  • Yep, just did that, deleted content in Config, then verified game cache, then let PunkBuster do its tests, now it works!
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 713Player
    I messed w/ it for over an hour and no dice.
    Hey, at least you were able to play.
    When you reinstalled, I suppose you ended up with the normal version and not the Opt-In beta, right?

Yeah. I opted in which only takes me like 5 minutes to download so that was no big deal.
  • When the round is starting, the game is crashing and i deleted the config but nothing. i don't know what to do :/
  • Yep, just did that, deleted content in Config, then verified game cache, then let PunkBuster do its tests, now it works!

When i tried to install/test punkbuster this message appeared "ERROR: Since this program needs to install a system device, it must be run as Admninistrator. If you need assistance with this, please visit our FAQ page at: ..." and after this one "**ERROR: Cannot open a handle to the service control manager. Please make sure you are the admninistrator for this computer."

i'll try to reinstall the game..